[Mailman-Users] still having difficulty: this time for responses

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Thu May 15 09:24:34 CEST 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 06:22:32PM -0400, Gabe N. Rubin wrote:
> After searching google groups, i came accross with similar problems, and
> followed the directions here: http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman.html by
> cutting and pasting those exact lines in there.  However, this makes

That document was intended for Mailman 2.0.x users.

> matters worse, as now it does not send any acknowledgment when someone
> tries to sign-up, much less let them confirm their subscription.  I know
> there is no /home/mailman on my system, and that is one of the lines added
> to the exim file (MAILMAN_HOME=/home/mailman)

Then don't do that.  :-)   Your MAILMAN_HOME directory is
probably /usr/local/mailman.  Read README.EXIM in the
Mailman source tarball (which has been revised to match
Mailman 2.1.x).