[Mailman-Users] filtering by subject or other headers?

Erez Zadok ezk at cs.sunysb.edu
Sat Oct 4 17:50:18 CEST 2003

Is there a way I can setup mail filters by subject or other headers (not
just by from/recipient)?  Spammers often send spam faked as having been sent
by my lists.  Then I get all sorts of bounces from the actual recipients
such as "SpamAssassin Identified this message as spam."

I'd like to setup a filter rule that says: if the subject line matches a
certain string, discard this email and never tell me about it.  However, I
don't this kind of rule to affect the way other moderation or filter rules
work.  That is, if I configure mailman to hold all messages from unknown
senders, then those not matching the spam filter rule I just described,
should be left in the hold queue.

Thanks,
Erez.