[Mailman-Users] PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL

Jesse Long jpl at unknown.za.net
Sun Dec 12 11:10:10 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a list, and the mail hostname and web url is correct, but the
archives' hostname points to the actual hostname of the server, not the
virtual hostname used by the other web interfaces.

I found the following:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp

which indicates that I need to change the PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL variable
for the list. So I create a file with the following line in

PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://correct.host.name/pipermail/listname/'

and bin/config_list -i filename listname

but it gives a warning "attribute PUBLIB_ARCHIVE_URL ignored". And the
listinfo page still points to the wrong hostname

Am I doing this correctly? Please help.

PS. using 2.1.5

Cheers,
Jesse