[Mailman-Users] Strange group mismatch error

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Tue May 25 18:44:23 CEST 2004

At 9:22 AM -0700 2004/05/25, Brandon Dudley wrote:

>  I'm tryign to add a new list to an existing server, and have entered a
>  weird cycle of mismatch errors. Every time I rerun configure to change
>  a GID, it breaks either my old lists, or the new list I'm trying to add.
>  one list in particular wants to be GID mailman, but the new list wants
>  to be nobody.

	The problem is that you need to get your web server (apache?),
your mail server (postfix?  exim?  sendmail?), and Mailman to all
agree as to what GID everything should be running as.

	When upgrading, it is usually easiest to make the new piece of
software agree with the other two, by replicating the configuration
options that were used on the previous version that was installed.

	Beyond that, it's going to depend on what your web server and
mail server are, and how they are configured.