AW: AW: AW: [Mailman-Users] Unable to get Mailman up and runningwithqmail/vpopmail

DIGITAL FOR YOU - Alexander Schwethelm info at digital4u.de
Sat Nov 27 01:22:42 CET 2004

Hi Terry,

thanks for your offer to help.  I used the way Tierra described, now
creating aliases for each list using a script.  This seems to work, even so
I liked the idea to have a solution where I don't have to run a script for
each list created. On the other hand I put so much time into this by now and
I am not planning to create lists every day ;-)

As others seem to have this solved without the aliases but using the
.qmail-default file, I might do some more testing on my dev machine.  I
start to understand how all this works, at least regarding qmail/vpopmail
and if I solve the other solution as well some day, I am thinking of writing
a tutorial about both solutions.

Thanks for now and best regards,

Alex

Hi again,
	Indeed, I knew what you were saying, but the variants of so
many operating systems makes it nigh on impossible to have things so
easy.
	Like you, I have been struggling with Mailman & trust me,
once you nail it, you will wonder exactly where you went wrong & why
when it was so obvious.
	I found the combination of these 3 tutorials the best for my
system (Mac OSX w/POostfix), but you'll need to substitute your
system's paths in many places:

http://www.afp548.com/articles/Jaguar/mailman21-new.html
http://www.hesketh.com/publications/mailman_made_easy.html
http://www.afp548.com/Articles/mail/python-mailman.html

	My suggestion is to get the command line way of creating
lists working firstly, then look at fixing up the web interface - if
I can help you out, I will try.
--

	Bye for now, Terry Allen