[Mailman-Users] URL reference requires uppercase "M" for .../listinfo/Mailman?

Matthew England mengland at mengland.net
Mon Oct 11 23:06:00 CEST 2004

Hello,

I'm sure this is a FAQ (unless my Mailman configuration is broken), but I
could not find it listed in the FAQ search engine:

I find that I can not access my Mailman list (the one recommended by
INSTALL as well as per the default listinfo sentence:  "If you are having
trouble using the lists, please contact mailman at kodak-xyratex.com.")
listinfo or admin web interface without first capitalizing the "M" in
"Mailman" in the URL as such:

If I instead use

(with a lower-case "m") my web browser displays the general 'listinfo' page
(same as what is seen from "https://example.com/mailman/listinfo/").

Why is this?

No other list on my Mailman servers have this restriction.
I also find it on both Mailman installs/servers I have.

By the way, I doubt the https/SSL has anything to do with it; one of my
Mailman installs runs without SSL and has the same "feature".

I am using both Mailman 2.1.4 and 2.1.5.  They bost exhibit the same
problem/feature.

-Matt