[Mailman-Users] Are the "regexps" used in Mailman really RegularExpressions?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jan 27 05:56:30 CET 2005

Jeff Groves wrote:

>I'm still experimenting with another issue in 2.1.5, so my hypothesis may be wrong, but it is
>kind of looking like the "acceptable aliases" part of the Privacy options in "Recipient
>Filters" is case sensitive.  So, if I enter MailingList at foo.org as the address of the list
>
>Can anyone refute or confirm this hypothesis?

Just looking briefly at the code - MailList.HasExplicitDest() - it
looks like the addresses from the header are all lowercased prior to
matching against the list address and acceptable_aliases. Thus I would
expect if the alias is all lower case, any combination of case in the
To: or Cc: of the message would match, but if the alias is mixed or
upper case, it would never match.