[Mailman-Users] Odd notification problem

Allen Watson watson.allen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 01:20:50 CEST 2005

I have a list set up with two addresses as Administrator, and with the
option checked to notify the administrator of subscriptions and
unsubscribe requests. (No approval needed for either.) This was
working fine until recently, when I changed some options on this and a
number of lists to have just a single admin. The second party
requested that he be added back, which I did. And I probably changed
something else because this is the weird result:

I am receiving unsubscribe notices, but NOT subscribe notices. How
that is possible, since there is only a single checkbox to control it,
I do not know.

The other guy is receiving subscribe notices, and I do not know yet if
he is getting the unsubscribe notices.

Our names are specified in the same box in the General Options page.
How can we be receiving different things?

The only thing I can think of is that I am also given as Moderator,
and he is not.

Any ideas?

This is very important to me, because when someone subscribes and I am
notified, my mail client is set up to respond with certain replies,
including sending a PDF attachment to the new subscriber. Currently
that isn't happening because I am not getting the notices.