[Mailman-Users] BBoard

JT jtbates at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 05:11:25 CET 2005

On 11/03/2005 10:44 PM,  Mark Sapiro wrote:

>JT wrote:
>

>>I would like to mirror on of my mailing lists to a BBoard.  I tried
>>doing this by subscribing post+bboardname at bboardhost.com to the mailing
>>list.  However there is a slight problem with this.  Anyone could have a
>>password reminder sent to the BBoard where it would be visible
>>publicly.
>>

>Anyone?
>
>The only password reminder that should be sent to
>post+bboardname at bboardhost.com is the one for that member, and you can
>turn off reminders for that member on that member's options page.

I don't mean the automatic password reminders, I have already turned
these for the account as you describe below.  The problem is that anyone
can go to the member options page and request that a password reminder
be sent by clicking the Remind button.

>>Is there any way I can: A) turn off the ability to get
>>password reminders sent, or B) administer a mailing list subscription
>>

>>from another email address, ie where password reminder would get sent to
>

>>me instead of the BBoard?  Thanks!
>>

>In addition to turning off reminders for the one
>post+bboardname at bboardhost.com member (which I think is the best
>approach in this case), You can also go to the list's General Options
>page and A) set send_reminders to No or B) (not quite your 'B') set
>umbrella_list to Yes and umbrella_member_suffix to '-owner' (the
>default) and all password reminders will be sent to listname-owner
>instead of the member.

I suppose that your suggestiong about setting the umbrella_list option
would do what I was asking for but it would also have the side effect of
making it impossible for everyone else on the list to get password
reminders and other notifications.  Ideally I would be able to set an
admin address for an individual account, instead using admin addresses
globally with a suffix.  Is there any way to do this?  Thanks

-JT