[Mailman-Users] Setting-up cascading, filtering list designs

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Sun Oct 23 15:19:00 CEST 2005

Hi,

> [postnuke-cvsnotices] PostNuke/system/Modules/pnlang/eng admin.php
>
> pnlanguages-cvsenglish is subscribed to postnuke-cvsnotices.
> pnlanguages-cvsenglish has to examine the subject line of each message
> received and find all subject lines that contain:
>
> - "pnlang/eng" or "lang/eng" (indicating an English language directory
> was affected),
> - "manual.html" (indicating an on-line help file was affected),
> - "readme.txt" (a read-me file was affected),
> - "version.php" or "pnversion.php" (a module version information file
> was affected,
> - "credits.txt" or "CREDITS.txt" (indicating a credits file was affected).
>
> It should then forward to the list subscribers only those messages thus
> identified.

http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.051.htp
might be helpful.  You can use two entries for header_filter_rules like:

first rule =
subject:.*(lang/eng|manual\.html|readme\.txt|version\.php|credits\.txt)
set this "Accept",
second rule = . (single dot),
and set this "Discard".

Cheers,