[Mailman-Users] problem to send e-mil to the list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Oct 27 16:23:22 CEST 2005

Thomas Spuhler wrote:

>I upgraded my server to Mandriva 2006. Since then I cannot send post to the
>mailing list on my server.
>When I add a new user I get a confirmation.
>When I create a new list, I get a confirmation.
>When I post to the list, I get the mseeage the the user doesn't exist.

This appears to be an MTA configuration (aliases?) issue.

>Whne I post to the list at kostname.domain.com instead of list at domian.com I can
>send the e-mail but of course it comes back.

Comes back from what with what reason? Do you mean it comes back from
mailman? If so, with what reason. Offhand, I can't think of any reason
why Mailman wouldn't accept it except maybe 'implicit destination' and
this should result in a held message, not a reject.

>It looks as if mailman doesn't pick up the correct 2domain.com

It looks to me like a MTA (postfix) configuration issue.

>I have in mm_cfg.py domain.com as e-mail address for the server.
>
>I am using Kolab 2 and postfix as e-mail setup.

Or maybe it's a Kolab 2/postfix issue. I don't think it's Mailman.