[Mailman-Users] Restoring Mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 26 01:32:33 CEST 2006

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

>            And ya know- I coulda *sworn* the actual list of subscribers
>        was in a text file, but it isn't.

Right. It's in lists/<listname>/config.pck along with the list
configuration.

>            Key questions:
>
>            1. What, explicitly, do I copy from the archive to get the
>        lists
>        back, and what steps do I take to make them work?  Simply
>        copying the files that seem right, don't work at all.

I don't know what seems right to you, but the lists/ and archives/
directories have almost everything. The rest is maybe some held
messages in data/ and queued messages in process in qfiles/.

Simply restoring lists/<listname>/config.pck into a working instalation
should get a functional list except for archives.