[Mailman-Users] Restoring Mailman

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Apr 26 04:54:06 CEST 2006

Brian Fahrlander wrote:

>    Well, it appears to have worked, despite a permission problem
>(between the two different installs).  I sense that the archived
>messages are a whole, other kettle-of-fish?  :)

If you have only the old archives, you can restore the
archives/private/<listname> and archives/private/<listname>.mbox
directories and that should do it. If the archives are public, the
symlinks from archives/public/ will be automatically created by
Mailman.

If you have new archives as well as old, the easiest thing is to
concatenate the old and new
archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox files leaving the
concatenated result in
archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox, and then run

bin/arch --wipe <listname>

to build a combined archive.