[Mailman-Users] Weirdness

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Feb 2 20:26:44 CET 2006

Lawrence Bowie

>I have not tried the above but it is asking for confirmation because the posts
>are from legitimate automatic engines that send email. The list does not know
>how to distinguish between SPAM and a legitimate automatic post.
>
>Any ideas on resolving this dilemma?

Posts which are held because of being from a non-member are only held
based on the calculated 'sender' of the message which in turn is based
on only a few message headers which all looked OK in your sample
message.

I can understand your reluctance to patch the code, but at least look
in the 'vette' log and see what the entry there reports as the sender
of the held post.