[Mailman-Users] Added email address to "posters" in list config, but user's email must be approved each time, why?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 2 21:18:37 CEST 2006

Kenneth A. Wolcott wrote:

>  I added a user's email address to the "posters" variable in the
>specific list config file, but still the user's email must be approved
>each time.

Did you add the address to 'posters' via the web admin interface or
some other method that actually updated the lists/<listname>/config.db
file?

>  Why is this?  Do I need to shutdown and restart Mailman for the config
>changes to take effect?

You shouldn't need to do this for list settings as they are loaded from
the config.db each time the list is accessed.

>  I then subscribed the user.  Still had to manually approve email
>messages.  I then unsubscribed the user.

This indicates the From: or Sender: header of the post as received from
the user has an address which is (perhaps subtly) different from the
address you are subscribing.