[Mailman-Users] Goodmail spells doom for mailing lists?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Mar 1 11:57:10 CET 2006

At 9:23 PM -0500 2006-02-28, Ed wrote:

>  The answer to this is simple.  If AOL tries that stupidity with the rest
>  of the ISP's of the world, then we / they should simply blacklist AOL.
>  I know we will if it comes to that.  AOL may be the proverbial
>  10,000lb gorilla, but the second they start charging to deliver normal
>  email to their customers, the rest of the world should simply stop
>  sending it to them.  End of problem, AOL will either rethink or lose
>  a ton [more] customers.

	Similar things have been said in the past when AOL has done
stupid things, and yet they still survive, and even thrive.  Same for
Microsoft.  Or the War Criminal in the White House.

	Frankly, despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth by
everyone else, I don't see any of these situations changing any time
soon.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755