[Mailman-Users] Mail going to list archives but not to list!

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sat Sep 23 00:43:34 CEST 2006

At 6:15 PM -0400 9/22/06, Elizabeth Schwartz wrote:

>  Tearing my hair out here. Thanks for any clues as to what might be causing
>  this or where to LOOK.

I'd be willing to bet that you got a message that came in which had
some malformed MIME structures, and that has clogged up the queue for
that list.  More recent versions of Mailman are more resistent to
this kind of problem, but not completely immune.  If you're not
already running the latest version (2.1.9), I'd suggest looking into
making that upgrade.

As for where to look, any time you have questions one of the best
places to start looking is in the FAQ (see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>) and the documentation
(see <http://www.list.org/docs.html>).  In particular, FAQ 3.14 may
be useful to you.

You should also check the archives of the list, and the instructions
for doing that are in FAQ 1.18.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755

  Founding Individual Sponsor of LOPSA.  See <http://www.lopsa.org/>.