[Mailman-Users] Newsgroup interface picking up spam

David Beaumont david at johmar.com
Fri Mar 2 10:56:33 CET 2007

On our members only list how can we prevent the newsgroup interface picking
up posts (spam) from non members?  We have mailman 2.1.8.  I see here

http://staff.imsa.edu/~ckolar/mailman/mailman-administration-v2.html

there is an option

"Should newsgroup posts not sent from the list be resent to the list?
Specifies whether or not messages posted by people out there in the world
who are not members of the list should be gated and distributed to list
members. "

Which would seem to be the answer but we don't have that, is it new in
2.1.9?

Thanks

David