[Mailman-Users] Counting messages that went to postfix queue

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri May 4 20:39:19 CEST 2007

Hi,

I believe a pattern has emerged with the failure cases.

I grep'ed for each of the 6 who failed in the output
from dumpdb for the list.

~mailman/bin/dumpdb /var/lib/mailman/lists/mylist/config.pck | grep
username at domain.ca

Each one of them had a mixed case letter in the username
before the domain part of the email address.

If my hunch is right, this would be a mailman bug.
I've seen Postfix deliver email with mixed case
in the user name no problem.  Mailman does store
the original version inside the config.pck file,
as well as the mapped to lower case version.

There are exactly 6 emails matching grep [A-Z]
on the list file I was given.

Regards,

--Donald