[Mailman-Users] no mail from list

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 17 17:15:03 CEST 2007

Jeffry Komala wrote:

>1. I sent an email to a test list which only has 2 members and it went
>through.
>
>2. I set the trouble list to moderated and sent a test message. I could see
>my test message in the pending moderator page. However, when I approved it,
>I did not get it in my email.
>
>3. I checked /var/spool/mailman/qfiles and it's empty
>
>4. I checked /var/spool/mqueue and it is also empty.
>
>5. qfiles/shunt has a lot of messages.

3. and 5. seem contradictory unless Mailman's real qfiles/ directory is
not the one in /var/spool/mailman.

In any case, the messages are being shunted because of some list
specific processing error (occurring after the moderation hold). You
have to look in Mailman's 'error' log and find what the error is. You
should find an error message with a traceback for each shunted
message. If you post one or more of those, we can help determine the
problem. Once the underlying problem is resolved, you can run
bin/unshunt to reprocess the shunted messages.

Also see
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.078.htp>.