[Mailman-Users] qrunner error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 26 17:59:34 CEST 2007

Myron Kowalski wrote:

>On Oct 25, 2007, at 5:54 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> Presumably, this is OutgoingRunner encountering the problem, because
>> IncomingRunner and ArchRunner both have to work for messages to be
>> archived.
>> The problem may be as simple as some spurious file in qfiles/out  
>> with a
>> .db extension. If there are .pck files in qfiles/out, and one .db
>> file, try moving the .db file aside.
>I pretty ignorant as to what qfiles/out is all about. I checked and  
>there are 1782 .pck files
>and 1781 .db files. I assume these are messages that have accumlated  
>and can't be delivered
>and one of them is causing the problem. How do I find the one?

In Mailman 2.1.4, queue entries are two files with the same base name
and different extensions. The .db file contains the message metadata
and the .pck file contains the message object.

The first part of the file base name (before the '+') is the time
(floating point seconds) that the message was queued. Messages are
dequeued in order, so the problem file is the .db file that's first in
numeric order. Move it and it's corresponding .pck aside.

You can examine the files with bin/dumpdb, but the .db file will
probably give an error.

Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,
San Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list