[Mailman-Users] Attachments and blank messages

Sciamano sciamano72 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 18:18:24 CEST 2008

On 4/12/08, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

>  >Won't this make all
>  >messages from the Excite user be rejected?
>
>  Not if there is any text/plain part in the message. If the Excite
>  user's message is multipart/alternative with text/plain and text/html
>  alternative parts and then a text/html footer or whatever, accepting
>  only multipart and text/plain will pass the text/plain alternative and
>  remove the rest.

If this may help: to my MUA, the Excite user messages appear as
multipart/mixed, with multipart/alternative content and Plain Text
Documents.
Messages from the "office" user, appear to me as multipart/mixed
containing only Plain Text Documents.

>  If the Excite user's message is HTML only with no text/plain parts, and
>  you want to accept it, then you need to add text/html to
>  pass_mime_types and set convert_html_to_plaintext to Yes if you want
>  it converted.

>From what I can see, it should not be HTML only... but the more I
analyze this problem, the less I can get a hold of it :-)

>  >>  If you want to allow HTML that isn't in a multipart/alternative part
>  >>  and convert it to plain text with lynx or whatever is set in mm_cfg.py
>  >>  as HTML_TO_PLAIN_TEXT_COMMAND, then add text/html to pass_mime_types
>  >>  and set convert_html_to_plaintext to Yes.
>  >
>  >I don't know how to do this. I have access to Mailman through a cPanel
>  >hosting account, I have no direct access to the server and its
>  >configuration files.
>
> I'm not suggesting you do anything about this. I'm only trying to
>  explain how convert_html_to_plaintext works.

Oh, sorry... I misread one line and understood it completely wrong.
Now I got it.

> You're welcome, and do keep us posted.

I surely will.
Thanks again