[Mailman-Users] Question re: creating new lists from the GUI

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Aug 5 20:35:02 CEST 2008

Simon wrote:

>And, well, dang - I visually inspected each file and they both contain
>the proper aliases for the newly created list, so the aliases *are*
>getting created...

And were /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db and
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual_mailman.db updated when the list was
created?

There may be some problem with the defaults

POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'
POSTFIX_MAP_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postmap'

or possibly permissions - are /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases.db and
/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual_mailman.db group writable and in
Mailman's group.

Is there anything in Mailman's 'error' log from the time of the list
create?