[Mailman-Users] Question re: creating new lists from the GUI

Simon tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Tue Aug 5 20:36:42 CEST 2008

On 8/5/2008 2:09 PM, Simon wrote:
> And, well, dang - I visually inspected each file and they both contain
> the proper aliases for the newly created list, so the aliases *are*
> getting created...

Ok, found the problem, but am curious about the why...

I'm new to mailman by the way, so sorry if this is an FAQ...

I use postfixadmin on this server and users are stored in mysql...

I had to create the alias in postfixadmin, as:

newlist at mydomain.com  >aliased to> newlist at myhost.mydomain.com

Is this normal? Or should mailman be creating this alias too?

Not a big deal, but it seems like the mailman list creation process
should be able to do this too.

Thanks again...