[Mailman-Users] Turning off confirmation

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Feb 7 23:51:18 CET 2008

Barry Finkel wrote:

>I went to that mail in the archives, and it has
>
>     You can get our patches here:
>
>     https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1121257&group_id=103&a
>     tid=300103
>
>Note that the URL is split into two lines, and the hyperlink contains
>only the first line, making the hyperlink point to the wrong web page.
>
>Is this a bug in the pipermail archiving software?

The poster's MUA split the line before it ever got to Mailman. Possibly
it just split the line, in which case the MUA is at fault, or possibly
it specified parameters "format=flowed,delsp=yes" in the message's

In the latter case, Scrubber used to lose those parameters. That is
fixed in Mailman 2.1.10, but I don't think pipermail knows how to
handle format=flowed in any case.