[Mailman-Users] 2.1.10 patch release, was: Subscription errors

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Jun 4 15:56:11 CEST 2008

Duncan Drury wrote:

>Any chance of releasing a patched version of mailman as promised a while
>back?  Not everyone using Mailman will be up to patching or manually editing
>the code, and like a I said - for me at least this bug was a showstopper -
>and a nasty one because it was pretty silent.  Had I not been setting up a
>new list, I may not have realised there was a problem for many months during
>which no new subscriptions would have been happening on my lists.

The issue of a 2.1.10 patch release has become a bit complicated. There
are a few other minor changes, and a new cron I have implemented to
cull old entries from the bad and shunt queues. This goes a bit beyond
a patch release.

I have just returned from a vacation and am still trying to catch up,
but my plan is to release what may be thought of as a 2.1.10 patch
release, but to call it 2.1.11. This should happen before the end of
this month.

Regarding 'silent' problems - consider running Brad Knowles' daily
status report (mmdsr). You will find this in the contrib directory in
the unpacked tarball. It will report errors like this.