[Mailman-Users] Question and help

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Fri May 8 08:16:42 CEST 2009

on 5/6/09 2:06 PM, Rodger Johnson said:

> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

You don't have a C compiler available in your path.  You need to find
out where the C compiler is and tell the configure script how to get to
it, or if there is no C compiler on the system then you need to have one
installed.

> When I run 'make' i get the following:
>
> [Rodger:~/mailman/mailman-2.1.9] rodgerjo% make
> make: Command not found.

Looks like you don't have "make" installed either.  Both are developers
tools, and not typically installed in certain distributions, especially
when you go for just the "base" install, as opposed to the full
"everything-including-the-kitchen-sink" install.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out