[Mailman-Users] reply-to thread

John jc at enexus.com
Sun Apr 4 03:12:03 CEST 2010

I want to thank Mark and Steven for their reply's.  Steven I do believe this may be an Outlook issue, but to clear up my post for Mark here's further explanation.  I currently have reply_goes_to "the list" and strip_reply_to set to "no".  With this setting both the non-digest and digest show "from" as the list not the original sender (in Outlook or MS mail, don't know about others).  With this setting member replies to the post by selecting either "reply" or "reply all" will direct a response back to the list which members like because they do not have to copy/paste the list address in the "to" field.  However, members would also like to see the original poster's email address also in the header.  Now I understand I can set reply_goes_to to "poster" and the original poster's address will show as "from" BUT if members simply hit "reply" the response goes to the poster and not the list.  Members must cut the posters address and paste the list's in the "to" or "cc" field.  This seems to be what Steven and Mark have done with the cc field.  Now, is there a configuration of the reply_goes_to and strip_reply_to fields on the General Options that will give list members the best of both worlds?

Thanks
John