[Mailman-Users] Hiding sender info query.

John Fitzsimons johnf at net2000.com.au
Wed Feb 10 07:16:36 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a mailing list that is set to "Require approval" for
membership. So if people aren't "Members" they cannot
post.

If I select ..

"Hide the sender of a message, replacing it with the list address
(Removes From, Sender and Reply-To fields) "

(1) ...will all the members still be able to post as before ? Or will
it effectively make everyone "anonymous" and as I don't have
a member called "anonymous" reject all posts ?

(2) If I set the above and "Fred Smith" posted then would the name
"Fred Smith" appear anywhere in the email that other list members
receive from him ?

Can anyone here give me help on either/both questions please ?
Ideally I would want list members to know who is posting but not
their private email address.

I am using a cPanel setup.

Regards, John.