[Mailman-Users] problem with mailman handling incomming mail

Maxime Longuepee shatter at shatter.ws
Sun Jun 5 00:42:04 CEST 2011

Mark Sapiro a écrit :
> On 6/4/11 6:30 AM, Maxime Longuepee wrote:
>> Now, if I want to add a mailing list with another domain name i own
>> (it's hosted on the same machine), what should i do? I tryed to add a
>> new mailing list specifying the domain name with
>> /usr/local/mailman/bin/newlist name-of-the-list at myotherdomain.org
>> I can access the administration page over the web interface but when i
>> send an email to that address, i get an error (here is the postfix log):
>> postfix/smtpd[94206]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from myhome.org[MY.IP]: 550
>> 5.1.1 <name-of-the-list  @myotherdomain.org>: Recipient address
>> rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<my at email.com>
>> to=<name-of-the-list??@myotherdomain.org> proto=ESMTP helo=<[MY.IP]>
> You need to add
> add_virtualhost('myotherdomain.org', 'myotherdomain.org')
> to mm_cfg.py and add the domain to POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS as in
> POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['mail.mydomain.org', 'myotherdomain.org']
> This assumes the web domain is the same myotherdomain.org as the email
> domain. If not, the only difference is add_virtualhost is
> add_virtualhost('myotherwebdomain.org', 'myotherdomain.org')
> After adding 'myotherdomain.org' to POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS, run
> bin/genaliases to update data/virtual-mailman*
> Also not that the notation
> /usr/local/mailman/bin/newlist name-of-the-list at myotherdomain.org
> is deprecated and doesn't do the intuitive thing (but does the right
> thing if the web domain and email domain are the same). See
> /usr/local/mailman/bin/newlist --help
Hi Mark!

I tryed what you said and it's not working.. I have this error:

postfix/smtpd[99110]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from myhome.org[MY.HOME.IP]:
550 5.1.1 <test-list at myotherdomain.org>: Recipient address rejected:
User unknown in virtual mailbox table; from=<my at email.com>
to=<test-list at myotherdomain.org> proto=ESMTP helo=<[MY.HOME.IP]>

Mailman was originally configured with mydomain.org which still works
well. The web domain i use to manage mailman is webmail.mydomain.org.
The other domain i'm trying to add is myotherdomain.org and following
your advices it didn't worked.

So, I did that in mm_cfg.py:

POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['mail.mydomain.org', 'myotherdomain.org']

Then, I ran genaliases and also restarted mailman. I added the list
test-list for myotherdomain.org with: /usr/local/mailman/bin/newlist
--urlhost=webmail.mydomain.org --emailhost=myotherdomain.org test-list

and it doesn't work :|

What did I do wrong?