[Mailman-Users] Issues with mailman
c.petrik.sosa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 00:09:10 CET 2011
On 11/15/2011 5:00 PM, Chris Petrik wrote:
> On 11/15/2011 4:37 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> On 11/15/2011 8:48 AM, Chris Petrik wrote:
>>> % cd lists/services-officialunix.com
>>> %ls -l |wc -l
>>> %ls -l
>>> total 24
>>> -rw-rw---- 1 www mailman 3792 Nov 15 07:35 config.pck
>>> -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 3792 Nov 15 08:03
>>> -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 3835 Nov 15 08:00
>>> -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 3792 Nov 15 07:48
>>> -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 3792 Nov 15 08:00
>>> -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 131 Nov 15 07:37 pending.pck
>>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 599 Nov 15 07:37 request.pck
>>> %ln config.pck.tmp.hosting.officialunix.com.74446 config.pck.last
>> Actually, I gave you the wrong advice. The ln command should have been
>> ln config.pck config.pck.last
>> If that works, instead of trying this via the ln command, you could try
>> it in a python process. Again as user mailman in mailman's home
>> directory do
>> bin/withlist -i
>> This will respond with a few lines followed by a>>> prompt. At the
>> prompts enter
>> import os
>> (ignore any non-existant file exception)
>> You can enter that all on one line, or you can enter
>> which will result in a ... prompt to which you enter
>> If that works, the question is why can you do it as mailman, but the
>> qrunners can't? Did you start Mailman by running bin/mailmanctl start as
>> root? If not, stop Mailman and then start is as root.
> First that option gave me an error as the file config.pck was owned by
> www I changed it to root:mailman still gave me a perm error so I
> changed it to mailmail:mailman and it worked.
> Did the bin/withlist -i and it did the os.unlink and os.link commands
> without issue.
> After changing the perms I see that it now works without issue. Guess
> my webpanel is the culprit. I will see if I can try and inform the
> developers of this so I don't have to be changing the perms to make
> mailman work.
> Thank you Mark for pointing these thing out to me :)
Now when I try to go to the admin section of the webui for the mailing I
get the bug page. Which is easily fixed by changing the owner from
mailman to www.
I tried adding mailman to group www but that doesn't seem to work.
More information about the Mailman-Users