How do I avoid the Tkinter 30 msec polling loop.

Aahz Maruch aahz at panix.com
Sun Mar 18 10:39:53 EST 2001

In article <3ab3d191.6695740 at 24.0.228.33>,
Mike Clarkson <support @ internetdiscovery.com> wrote:

>The idea would be to establish a Tcl Event procedure that would check
>for Python signals every (say) 100 msec., and handle Tcl events all of
>the rest of the time.
>
>Does anyone know how to do this in Tcl - it shouldn't be more than a
>few lines I suspect. Look at Tcl_CreateEventSource and
>Tcl_SetMaxBlockTime in tcl/generic/tclNotify.c

That sounds like a good idea.  After doing some *very* basic Tkinter
work as part of my threads tutorial, I would suggest that such a feature
include the ability to set the length of the delay; 100ms is pretty
large-grained (though fine as a default).

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het Pythonista   http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6

Three sins: BJ, B&J, B&J