This message is to announce the release of GNU Mailman 2.0.9 which
fixes a race condition that can cause mail to occasionally be lost,
among other useful fixes. I recommend anybody running any version of
Mailman 2.0.x to upgrade to 2.0.9, the latest stable release. Details
of what's changed is included below.
Note that this problem does not affect the Mailman 2.1 betas.
As usual, I've made both full source tarballs and patches available.
for links to download all the patches and the source tarball. If you
decide to install the patches, please do read the release notes first:
- Closed a race condition which could, under rare circumstances,
cause the occasional message to get lost.
- HTML escape message excerpts and headers on the admindb page so
- Some additional Python 2.2 compatibility fixes.
- Unlink the footer logos so as not to bug the python.org and
gnu.org maintainers as much. :(
- Fix a crash in the DSN bounce detection module, which could
cause some bounce messages to remain in the queue.
- Add the RFC-2822 mandated Date: header on internally generated
outgoing messages. Not all MTAs add this field if missing