On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Paul Moore <p.f.moore(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 August 2010 20:30, Barry Warsaw <barry(a)python.org> wrote:
>> Brian is looking at Windows now (the buildbots are
>> a sad and sorry story).
> There seems to be something distinctly wrong with the 3.x buildbots. A
> lot of test failures and timeouts. At first I assumed it was my
> buildslave going flaky (again :-() but it only affects the 3.x branch,
> and it seems to be hitting more than just my slave. From what I'm
> seeing, it's often test_io that's getting stalled and then sitting
> round until it times out.
I'm also quite confused by the test_smtpd failures that pop up on some
of the test runs that I've had absolutely no luck reproducing locally
under OS X or Solaris.
The website is prepped and ready for 2.6.6, so Martin can upload the Windows
installer for 2.6.6rc1 whenever he's ready. I have not linked the 2.6.6 page
into the main site, and won't until 2.6.6 final gets released, but I will add
an announcement for 2.6.6rc1 to the front page once the Windows installer is
The release26-maint branch is thawed for svnmerges. Please do not commit
substantive changes to the branch unless you get my approval. Ideally,
there'd be a bug at release blocker with your patch attached and myself made
nosy for any changes you want between now and 2.6.6 final.
Huge thanks to everyone on python-dev who helped out yesterday and today!
I don't want to maintain Distutils anymore for various reasons. I
will focus for now on on Distutils2, shutil and sysconfig.
I would like to propose Eric (merwok on IRC) as a commiter to work on
Distutils. He has done a great work in triaging
the bugs and also has now a pretty good knowledge of the Distutils
code. He's a GSOC student for distutils2 and
has done a great coding work in there. I am pretty sure he would love
to do this as I did.
If this proposal is accepted, I will ask Eric if he accepts it and
wants to work on distutils maintenance, and follow his work until
Distutils2 starts to be used.
Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:00, Terry Reedy <tjreedy(a)udel.edu> wrote:
> On 7/23/2010 12:52 PM, Brett Cannon wrote:
>> Terry, can you email Martin, Georg, or I your SSH key to get commit
> I will when I get one.
If you need help you can read the dev FAQ or obviously ask. Until then I
will go ahead and approve your python-committers subscription request.
We're going to go ahead and cut the 2.6.6rc1 release tonight, bugs.python.org
willing. We've got a fairly clean test run on local hardware across OS X,
Linux (Debian, Ubuntu), and Brian is looking at Windows now (the buildbots are
a sad and sorry story). Ezio has done a great amount of work on getting 2.6.6
pretty clean with -3 warnings too.
Please consider the release26-maint tree closed for commits (except svnmerges)
for the next 2.5 hours. I'll send another message at about 2200 UTC when I
freeze the tree for those commits too. You can request exceptions by pinging
me on #python-dev or (if you're feeling lucky ;) sending me an email.
For several reasons, I'm postponing 2.6.6rc1 for one day. Ezio has been doing
a lot of great work on the test suite, but there are still a few things to
fix. On top of that, bugs.python.org crashed and we're waiting for our
hosting company to wake up and reboot it.
We'll try again, same time tomorrow: 2200 UTC. Come join us on #python-dev if
you want to watch the circus. :)
Over in #python-dev, Georg reminded us of a change to the python-checkins
mailing list that was discussed a few weeks ago:
Despite the mild preference of redirecting python-checkins to
python-committers, I noticed that the list was already set up to redirect to
python-dev (but the Reply-To munging was disabled). I've now re-enabled
redirects of python-checkins to python-dev. I think it's better to default to
more openness and it's not really that much traffic anyway.
If it gets obnoxious we can narrow things, but let's see how it goes.
Don't forget that I am planning to cut Python 2.6.6 rc 1 later today (probably
starting at around 2200 UTC). We have a number of release blockers currently
Feel free to ping me on irc (freenode @ #python-dev) or follow up here if you
have any input on these.
I'll send the usually notes out to the committers list when I'm ready to
freeze the tree.