* Added support for "traditional" PYTHONPATH-based non-root installation,
and also the convenient ``virtual-python.py`` script, based on a
contribution by Ian Bicking. The setuptools egg now contains a hacked
``site`` module that makes the PYTHONPATH-based approach work with .pth
files, so that you can get the full EasyInstall feature set on such
* Added ``--no-deps`` and ``--allow-hosts`` options to easy_install.
* Improved Windows ``.exe`` script wrappers so that the script can have
the same name as a module without confusing Python.
* Changed dependency processing so that it's breadth-first, allowing a
depender's preferences to override those of a dependee, to prevent
conflicts when a lower version is acceptable to the dependee, but not
the depender. Also, ensure that currently installed/selected packages
aren't given precedence over ones desired by a package being installed,
which could cause conflict errors.
* Activated distributions are now inserted in ``sys.path`` (and the
working set) just before the directory that contains them, instead of
at the end. This allows e.g. eggs in ``site-packages`` to override
unmanaged modules in the same location, and allows eggs found earlier
on ``sys.path`` to override ones found later.
* When a distribution is activated, it now checks whether any contained
non-namespace modules have already been imported and issues a warning
if a conflicting module has already been imported.
* Fixed a problem extracting zipped files on Windows, when the egg in
question has had changed contents but still has the same version