July 2019 Archives by thread
Starting: Mon Jul 1 03:00:32 EDT 2019
Ending: Wed Jul 31 18:50:13 EDT 2019
- [docs] [issue37454] Clarify docs for math.log1p()
- [docs] [issue37464] multiple comparison
- [docs] [issue37465] Incorrect documentation for `s#` arguments in C API argument parsing
- [docs] [issue37209] Add what's new entries for pickle enhancements
- [docs] [issue37469] Make it explicit that logging QueueHandler / QueueListener accepts a SimpleQueue.
- [docs] [issue37470] Make it explicit what happens when using a bounded queue with QueueHandler
- [docs] [issue37459] importlib docs improperly reference get_resource_loader()
Barry A. Warsaw
- [docs] [issue37456] FAQ says positional arguments aren't a thing
Pablo Galindo Salgado
- [docs] [issue37390] Generate table of audit events for docs
- [docs] [issue37478] Docs: Method os.chdir() does not mention errors that can be raised
- [docs] [issue37480] add ptpython to list of alternate interpreters
- [docs] [issue37426] getpass.getpass not working with on windows when ctrl+v is used to enter the string
- [docs] [issue37487] PyList_GetItem() document regarding index
- [docs] [issue37488] Document the "gotcha" behaviors in utcnow() and utcfromtimestamp()
- [docs] [issue18697] Unify arguments names in Unicode object C API documentation
- [docs] [issue37441] Fix a param error in exceptions.rst
- [docs] [issue34788] ipaddress module fails on rfc4007 scoped IPv6 addresses
- [docs] Python documentation
- [docs] [issue31517] MainThread association logic is fragile
- [docs] [issue35605] backported patch requires new sphinx, minimum sphinx version was not bumped
- [docs] [issue24772] Smaller viewport shifts the "expand left menu" character into the text
- [docs] [issue23312] google thinks the docs are mobile unfriendly
- [docs] [issue37503] Queue.join(): Broken example in documentation
- [docs] [issue37346] Documentation of os not using OSError subclasses
- [docs] [issue37504] 3.8 b2 now requires sphinx2, but only has documented 1.8
- [docs] [issue37149] link to official documentation tkinter failed !!!
- [docs] [issue37508] A wrong return type in memory.rst
- [docs] [issue37512] Error in the documentation about string concatenation
- [docs] [issue37513] Fix a type error in ctypes.rst
- [docs] have a question about "strip"
chinapython at yeah.net
- [docs] [issue37514] french translation Spelling mistake on datetime python's library documentation online
- [docs] [issue34446] ambiguous _max_size parameter in SpooledTemporaryFile
- [docs] EPUB and PDF files unavailable
- [docs] How do we find information about modules that aren't officially part of the python.org canon?
- [docs] Fw: Embedding Python in Another Application Import Statement Bug
- [docs] discrepancy in result by hex()
- [docs] What are the rules for local and global variables in Python?
- [docs] documentation bug
- [docs] I was taken aback a little by the wording on pg. 13
- [docs] Would like to contribute to documentation by writing example snippets
- [docs] Correction for documentation reference
- [docs] Local host server bug
- [docs] [issue37187] CField.size from the ctypes module does not behave as documented on bitfields
- [docs] [issue37149] link to John Shipman's Tkinter 8.5 documentation fails: website no longer available
- [docs] install package
- [docs] [issue37052] Add examples for mocking async for and async context manager in unittest.mock docs
- [docs] [issue37545] Argparse Tutorial - unreasonable operators
- [docs] [issue37548] Document range of atan, acos and asin
- [docs] [issue37554] Typo in os.rename docs
- [docs] [issue30757] pyinstaller can be added to docs, py2exe ref can be updated
- [docs] [issue30550] Document order-preserving dictionary output in json
- [docs] [issue37557] Example snippets for simpler functions/methods
- [docs] [issue34369] kqueue.control() documentation and implementation mismatch
- [docs] [issue37563] Documentation - default for StreamHandler
- [docs] [issue37571] Incorrect use of c_char_p in example code
- [docs] [issue37574] Mention spec_from_loader() in Finder.find_spec() docs.
- [docs] [issue34226] cgi.parse_multipart() requires undocumented CONTENT-LENGTH in Python 3.7
Fred L. Drake, Jr.
- [docs] [issue37575] Python Documentation on strings ( section 3.1.2.)
- [docs] [issue37580] Markup typo in http.cookiejar doc
- [docs] [issue37581] Docs: Improve phrasing of flush argument for print()
- [docs] [issue37352] Typo in documentation: "to making it easy"
- [docs] [issue7951] Should str.format allow negative indexes when used for __getitem__ access?
- [docs] [issue9938] Documentation for argparse interactive use
- [docs] [issue30588] Missing documentation for codecs.escape_decode
Carl Bordum Hansen
- [docs] [issue25433] whitespace in strip()/lstrip()/rstrip()
- [docs] [issue12217] Cross-link docs for faulthandler, traceback and pdb
- [docs] [issue7940] re.finditer and re.findall should support negative end positions
- [docs] [issue13127] xml.dom.Attr.name is not labeled as read-only
- [docs] [issue37590] Remove redundant docs of PyEval_EvalFrameEx
- [docs] [issue19820] docs are missing info about module attributes
M. Anil Tuncel
- [docs] [issue37284] Not obvious that new required attrs of sys.implementation must have a PEP.
- [docs] [issue37598] Don't use _ as a function name in logging documentation cookbook
- [docs] [issue37599] Remove a vague statement in documentation of Integer Objects
- [docs] [issue37256] urllib.request.Request documentation erroneously refers to the "final two"
- [docs] [issue37605] CI should not depend on gmane response
- [docs] [issue37608] _thread: acquire_lock, release_lock still in use while declared to be "gone" in Documentation
- [docs] bugs and suggestion
- [docs] [issue37610] Improve "Python Usage and Setup" documentation re: Editors & IDE
- [docs] [issue37611] Improve the "Dealing with Bugs" documentation, include guidelines on how to report bugs
- [docs] [issue37613] Fix broken "Back to top" link in www.python.org (mobile)
- [docs] [issue37602] nonzero fixer problem
- [docs] [issue37618] Docs: Code example locations in stdtypes
- [docs] [issue37626] Documentation：conflict between docs
- [docs] [issue37624] random.choices has unexpected behavior with negative weights
- [docs] [issue37620] str.split(sep=None, maxsplit=-1,any=False)
- [docs] [issue36182] Path.write_text() docs do not include the case that a file exists
- [docs] [issue26951] Unintuitive error when using generator expression in class property
- [docs] [issue35625] Comprehension doc doesn't mention buggy class scope behavior
- [docs] [issue37635] Using constant for whence arg in seek()
- [docs] [issue37651] Change of inheritance of asyncio.CancelledError needs documentation
Gary van der Merwe
- [docs] Regarding csv.Sniffer code example
- [docs] [issue37655] Set subset operator docs
- [docs] [issue26695] pickle and _pickle accelerator have different behavior when unpickling an object with falsy __getstate__ return
- [docs] [issue36568] Typo in socket.CAN_RAW_FD_FRAMES library documentation
- [docs] [issue19809] Doc: subprocess should warn uses on race conditions when multiple threads spawn child processes
- [docs] Documentation prototype for PyStructSequence_SET_ITEM(..) is incorrect in 3.x?
- [docs] [issue37670] Description of UserDict is misleading
- [docs] [issue37674] Is imp module deprecated or pending deprecation?
- [docs] [Docs] Bad url on a page
- [docs] Search doesn't find built-in functions
- [docs] [issue37684] list.extend docs inaccurate
- [docs] [issue37688] The results from os.path.isdir(...) an Path(...).is_dir() are not equivalent for empty path strings.
- [docs] [issue35524] using/windows launcher image might be deprecated
- [docs] EPUB documentation not packed as .zip
- [docs] A4 Documentation actually US-Letter size
- [docs] 7/27/2019 Documentation Bug Report
- [docs] [issue37698] Update doc of PyBuffer_ToContiguous
- [docs] [issue34101] PyBuffer_GetPointer() not documented
- [docs] [issue37699] Explicit mention of raised ValueError's after .detach() of underlying IO buffer
- [docs] [issue1635217] Warn against using requires/provides/obsoletes in setup.py
- [docs] [issue1398781] Example in section 5.3 "Pure Embedding" doesn't work.
- [docs] [issue15125] argparse: positional arguments containing - in name not handled well
- [docs] [issue12436] Missing items in installation/setup instructions
- [docs] [issue35083] Fix documentation for __instancecheck__
- [docs] [issue37717] argparse subcommand docs has non-existent parameter "action"
- [docs] [issue37726] Tutorial should not recommend getopt
Guido van Rossum
- [docs] [issue37730] NotImplemented is used instead of NotImplementedError in docs
- [docs] https://docs.python.org/2/library/re.html
Last message date:
Wed Jul 31 18:50:13 EDT 2019
Archived on: Thu Aug 1 04:58:19 EDT 2019
This archive was generated by
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition).