PyAMF is a lightweight library that allows Flash and Python applications
to communicate via Adobe's ActionScript Message Format.
A summary of new features features and improvements in this release:
- Implemented Local Shared Object (LSO)
- ByteArray now implements DataInput and DataOutput instead of
- remoting.client mostly fully supports the predefined headers
- Fixed argument positioning for RemoteObject processing
- Remoting client now supports authentication
- Proper encoding for aliased subclassed builtin types, specifically
- Added support for easy encoding of Django object queries
- Added 'expose_request' argument to DjangoGateway to expose the
underlying HTTP Request object as the first arg in the called services
Check out the download page  and installation instructions . Got
questions? First stop is the mailing list , but we also hang out on
the PyAMF team
what is it
A Python package to parse and build CSS Cascading Style Sheets.
main changes since 0.9.4b1
for full details for 0.9.5a1 see the relevant CHANGELOG:
A few (minor) non-backwards compatible changes have been made, please
for migration help.
+ **API CHANGE**: ``Property.name`` is now the same as
``Property.normalname`` which is DEPRECATED now. To access the literal
name (the value which was available in ``name`` until now) use
``Property.literalname``. For most cases where a property name is used
the new behaviour makes more sense, therefor the change.
**Do not use ``normalname`` anymore, it will probably be
removed for release 1.0.**
+ **API CHANGE**: iterating over ``css.CSSStyleDelcaration`` yields
now *effective* properties only and not *all* properties set in the
declaration. E.g. from ``color: red; c\olor: green`` only one Property
is returned which has the value ``green``. To retrieve *all* properties
use ``CSSStyleDeclaration.getProperties(all=True)``. Reason for this
change is that for most cases the new default makes more sense.
- **FEATURE**: ``css.CSSStyleDelcaration`` supports ``in`` now.
Expected is a Property or a name of a property which is checked if
already in the style declaration
- **FEATURE**: ``css.Selector`` has a **readonly** property
``specificity`` now which is calculated as described at
- **FEATURE**: Added ``css.CSSStyleDeclaration.getProperty(name,
normalize=True)`` which returns the effective Property object for ``name``.
- FEATURE: Implemented
http://csswg.inkedblade.net/spec/css2.1#issue-23, URI may be
``URL(...)`` or ``u\r\6c(...)`` now
+ **BUGFIX**: Priority of Properties is acknowledged by all methods
of ``css.CSSStylesDeclaration`` now.
cssutils is published under the LGPL.
for download options for see http://cthedot.de/cssutils/
cssutils needs Python 2.4 or higher (tested with Python 2.5 on Vista only)
bug reports, comments, etc are very much appreciated!
The O'Reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON) is accepting proposals for
tutorials and presentations. The submission period ends Feb 4.
OSCON 2008 will be in Portland, Oregon July 21-25. For more information
and to submit a proposal, see
Aahz (aahz(a)pythoncraft.com) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/
Weinberg's Second Law: If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote
programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.
The Python developers are holding a bug day on Saturday January 19th.
The goal is to look at patches and bugfixes on bugs.python.org. This
is a good opportunity for people new to Python development to learn
about the process, and to get feedback on your bugfixes and patches.
We'll be on IRC, using #python-dev on irc.freenode.net. For more
information, see the wiki: <http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonBugDay>.
I'm pleased to announce the 0.10.0b1, the first beta release of a new
SQLObject branch, 0.10.
What is SQLObject
SQLObject is an object-relational mapper. Your database tables are described
as classes, and rows are instances of those classes. SQLObject is meant to be
easy to use and quick to get started with.
SQLObject supports a number of backends: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and
Firebird. It also has newly added support for Sybase, MSSQL and MaxDB (also
known as SAPDB).
Where is SQLObject
News and changes:
Features & Interface
* Dropped support for Python 2.2. The minimal version of Python for
SQLObject is 2.3 now.
* Removed actively deprecated attributes;
lowered deprecation level for other attributes to be removed after 0.10.
* SQLBuilder Select supports the rest of SelectResults options (reversed,
distinct, joins, etc.)
* SQLObject.select() (i.e., SelectResults) and DBConnection.queryForSelect()
use SQLBuilder Select queries; this make all SELECTs implemented
internally via a single mechanism.
* SQLBuilder Joins handle SQLExpression tables (not just str/SQLObject/Alias)
and properly sqlrepr.
* SQLBuilder tablesUsedDict handles sqlrepr'able objects.
* Added SQLBuilder ImportProxy. It allows one to ignore the circular import
issues with referring to SQLObject classes in other files - it uses the
classregistry as the string class names for FK/Joins do, but specifically
intended for SQLBuilder expressions. See
* Added SelectResults.throughTo. It allows one to traverse relationships
(FK/Join) via SQL, avoiding the intermediate objects. Additionally, it's
a simple mechanism for pre-caching/eager-loading of later FK
relationships (i.e., going to loop over a select of somePeople and ask
for aPerson.group, first call list(somePeople.throughTo.group) to preload
those related groups and use 2 db queries instead of N+1). See
* Added ViewSQLObject.
* Added sqlmeta.getColumns() to get all the columns for a class (including
parent classes), excluding the column 'childName' and including the column
'id'. sqlmeta.asDict() now uses getColumns(), so there is no need to
override it in the inheritable sqlmeta class; this makes asDict() to work
properly on inheritable sqlobjects.
* Changed the implementation type in BoolCol under SQLite from TINYINT to
BOOLEAN and made fromDatabase machinery to recognize it.
* Added rich comparison methods; SQLObjects of the same class are
considered equal is they have the same id; other methods return
* MySQLConnection (and DB URI) accept a number of SSL-related parameters:
ssl_key, ssl_cert, ssl_ca, ssl_capath.
For a more complete list, please see the news:
Oleg Broytmann http://phd.pp.ru/ phd(a)phd.pp.ru
Programmers don't die, they just GOSUB without RETURN.
I'm happy to announce that MetaContract 0.3 is now available for download
what is metacontract ?
Design by Contract allows a programmer to document a function/class with statements
describing behavior. Metacontract implements the PEP-0316 related to this feature
for the Python language using meta classes.
- add modifications for multithreaded applications