Searching the internet I found several references to just backup (tar or
something similar) my lists and restore them to another place and after
that just changing apache for the new virtual host, DNS, and aliases
but I'm finding some things strange, it seems the filenames are rather
list of files in /usr/lib/mailman/lists/test:
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mailman 1706 Dez 14 2001 admindbpreamble.html
-rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 2900 Mai 29 17:00 config.db
-rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 2900 Mai 29 12:00 config.db.last
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mailman 189 Dez 14 2001 handle_opts.html
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mailman 1026 Dez 14 2001 headfoot.html
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mailman 3136 Dez 14 2001 listinfo.html
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mailman 4106 Dez 14 2001 options.html
-rw-rw-r-- 1 mailman mailman 2 Mai 29 17:00 request.db
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mailman 1169 Dez 14 2001 roster.html
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root mailman 198 Dez 14 2001 subscribe.html
lists of files in /var/lib/mailman/lists/mailman:
-rw-rw---- 1 mail mail 3415 Mai 29 19:03 config.pck
-rw-rw---- 1 mail mail 3415 Mai 29 18:50 config.pck.last
permissions/owner can be changed easelly but the files are so different!
Does anyone have a script to:
1) export users, import in a new list
2) save passwords of each list and recover (altough the size os the
crypt password if rather diferent I don't want to contact each list
3) export/import history
4) export/import configuration of the list (owner, public/private etc)
Eduardo Jaime Quirós Batres (dojai(a)ufv.br)
Suporte e Apóio ao Usuário - CPD - UFV
i'm new to the mailman ... i installed it with my macosx server 10.3.4
and i put back the database from the early installation ...
When i want to sent a mail to the mailing list i get this error
<dkvall(a)dkv.nl>: Command died with status 2:
post dkvall". Command output: Group mismatch error. Mailman
mail wrapper script to be executed as group "mailman", but the
mail server executed the mail script as group "adplus". Try
mail server to run the script as group "mailman", or re-run
providing the command line option `--with-mail-gid=adplus'.
Reporting-MTA: dns; xserve.dkv.nl
How to fix this problem ???
This is my first post here, I'm setting up my mailing list as part of the cpanel add-on through my hosting company. In their TOS it's required that all mailing lists require that emails have unsubscribe links not reply emails.
I've been searching the python site for about 2 hours looking for an answer and can't find one. Please give me a hand someone.
Thanks so much.
I am running Mailman version 2.1.5. I have a couple users reporting that when they use the "Reply" command in their mail program, that both the list address, and the sender of the original message, addresses are put there. I have Mailman set to set reply to the list, so the sender shouldn't be there. One user uses PM Mail, another Outlook Express.